The new stronger regulations are designed to protect patients and improve standards of care for cosmetic procedures.
- A Referral from a GP will be mandatory for ALL patients having a consultation for surgery
- A Minimum of two consultations are required for cosmetic surgery
- There will be a patient pre-screening assessment test for BDD (PAT)
- A cooling-off period of at least seven days after signing a consent form before booking surgery and paying a deposit etc.
- More detailed Informed consent
- Higher Standards in training & experience – CPD requirements
- Accredited facilities required for surgery
- Tougher Advertising Standards for Cosmetic Surgery
It is important for all doctors, nurses and consumers to keep themselves up-to-date with the new regulations.
We’ll continue to update our resource page as new information becomes available – so make sure you bookmark this page
If you have already booked your surgery for after 1st July 2023, our team will contact you if there are any changes to your current arrangements.
Dr Sofiadellis has appointments in major public and private Melbourne hospitals.
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm