Breast Lift Melbourne: Everything You Need to Know
Breast lift surgery, also known as mastopexy, is a surgical procedure that lifts and reshapes sagging breasts. It can be performed on women of all ages, but it is most commonly sought after by women who have experienced significant changes to their breasts due to pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight loss, or aging.
Why Choose Dr Foti Sofiadellis for Your Breast Lift in Melbourne?
Dr Foti Sofiadellis is a highly skilled and experienced plastic surgeon who specializes in breast lift surgery. He is a member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. Dr Sofiadellis is passionate about providing his patients with the best possible results, and he is committed to providing them with a safe and comfortable experience.
Types of Breast Lifts
There are two main types of breast lifts:
- Periareolar breast lift: This type of breast lift is performed through an incision around the areola. It is the least invasive type of breast lift, and it is ideal for women with mild to moderate sagging breasts.
- Vertical breast lift: This type of breast lift is performed through an incision around the areola and a vertical incision down the center of the breast. It is more invasive than a periareolar breast lift, but it is more effective for correcting severe sagging breasts.
Dr Sofiadellis will discuss the different types of breast lifts with you during your consultation, and he will help you choose the type of breast lift that is right for you.
What to Expect During Your Breast Lift Surgery
Breast lift surgery is typically performed under general anesthesia. The procedure takes about 1-2 hours to complete.
During surgery, Dr Sofiadellis will remove excess skin and tissue from your breasts. He will then reposition your breasts and nipples to a higher position on your chest wall.
Recovery from Breast Lift Surgery
Most women are able to go home from the hospital the same day as their breast lift surgery. However, you will need to take some time off work and other activities to recover.
Here are some tips for recovering from breast lift surgery:
- Get plenty of rest.
- Avoid strenuous activity.
- Wear a supportive bra.
- Keep your breasts clean and dry.
- Follow Dr Sofiadellis’s instructions carefully.
Breast Lift Cost in Melbourne
The cost of breast lift surgery in Melbourne varies depending on the type of breast lift performed, the surgeon’s experience, and the geographic location.
Average breast lift cost in Melbourne:
- Periareolar breast lift: $12,000-$15,000
- Vertical breast lift: $15,000-$18,000
Medicare Rebate for Breast Lift Surgery
Medicare may provide a rebate for breast lift surgery if it is deemed to be medically necessary. To be eligible for a Medicare rebate, you will need to obtain a referral from a doctor or other medical professional.
Frequently Asked Questions About Breast Lift Surgery
Who is a good candidate for a breast lift?
Good candidates for breast lift surgery include women who have:
- Sagging breasts
- Breasts that are uneven in size or shape
- Breasts that have lost volume
- Breasts that are causing back pain or neck pain
What are the risks of breast lift surgery?
All surgery carries some risks, including the following:
- Change in nipple sensation
- Difficulty breastfeeding
Dr Sofiadellis will discuss the risks and benefits of breast lift surgery with you during your consultation.
How long does a breast lift last?
The results of a breast lift are typically long-lasting, but they will vary depending on your individual anatomy and lifestyle factors.
How can I keep my breasts looking their best after a breast lift?
There are a few things you can do to keep your breasts looking their best after a breast lift:
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Wear a supportive bra.
- Protect your skin from the sun.
- Avoid smoking.
Breast lift surgery can be a great way to improve the appearance of your breasts and boost your self-confidence. If you are considering breast lift surgery, it is important to choose a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon like Dr Foti Sofiadellis.